Search This Blog

Friday 10 June 2011

The New Boy At School - No Longer!!

Well it has been just over a month since I was elected to both East Lindsey District Council and Skegness Town Council. How time flies! In a past blog I likened the experience as being "The New Boy At School", which I do believe it was. I have to report that is no longer the case.

I would describe the whole experience as very busy and exciting. Not that I am complaining as that is what I volunteered for. For the record these are the committees that I attend, as well as attending Full Councils.

East Lindsey District Council.
  • Scrutiny "A" Committee.
  • Audit Committee.
  • Planning Committee.
  • Skegness Area Committee (Chairman).

Skegness Town Council.
  • Direction and Strategy Committee.
  • East Lindsey District Council/Skegness Town Council Liaison Committee.
  • Gibraltar Point National Nature Reserve Joint Advisory Committee. (Skegness Town Council Representative)
In addition to all of that I am also the Chief Whip for the Conservative Group at ELDC. That is not quite as exciting as it sounds but the interaction that I have with the members has certainly let me get to know them and for them to get to know me also.

So as you can see there is plenty to do. I have been pleasantly surprised by the amount of help that I have received from both the officers of both councils, those that are employed by the council, and also from my fellow councillors who have far more experience than I.

As well as all of the committee work there is also the personal issues that come your way from the residents. I have already been involved in a couple of things and I still have a couple of irons in fires for issues that I am still awaiting outcomes for. If anybody reading this has any issues that they think I can help with, then please do not hesitate to contact me and I will do whatever I can to help.

So that is it. I am in and learning by the day. This is going to be my life for at least the next 4 years. Am I looking forward to it? You bet I am. Bring it on as they say. Plenty to be done. Lot's of positives to be gained for the town of Skegness and despite what you may hear from the knockers and those with negative outlooks, there is every opportunity for the gains to be obtained.

No comments:

Post a Comment