Search This Blog

Tuesday 14 June 2011

Footballers Pay.

This is a poem I wrote a couple of years ago. Sadly, but not surprisingly, it is even more relevant and true now than it was then.

Footballers Pay

I dont understand it,
And I guess I never will,
How those that kick a football,
Are worth more than those that care for the ill.

I don't understand it,
I think they have a cheek,
To get more than a doctor gets each year,
In their pay cheques every week.

I don't understand it,
What about the teacher that inspires,
Ambulance crews that save our lives,
And the brigade that puts out fires.

I don't understand it,
It really is too much for me,
Footballers earn millions,
Whilst the Lifeboats do it for free.

I don't understand it,
They get millions just to sign,
What about the brave military,
That are serving on the line.

I don't understand it,
But it really makes me sad,
When footballers are worth millions,
The world it has gone mad.

No comments:

Post a Comment