Search This Blog

Sunday 26 April 2015

Women's Magazines - Hate Them!

Now I have always had a thing about women's magazines. Full of flim-flam and celebrities and young lasses that look like stick insects, pretending that they don't diet and pretending that all women can look like that. It is just a world that us blokes do not understand.

A couple of examples of what I mean:


Dunno why I picked one in Russian!
But now I have found one that I am really, really not happy with!
My wife came home with this:
Now it looks innocent enough doesn't it? But oh no. Believe me it is really dangerous and insidious.
Women's Running. The operative word there is WOMEN'S! Not MEN'S but WOMEN'S. Why do I feel so strongly about this particular rag? Well let me just tell you.

My wife and I are into a bit of running. She is much more competent than me but then again she has the advantage of youth! In six weeks time we are going to be doing the Woodhall Spa 10k. A nice little jaunt in the Lincolnshire countryside thought I. Nowhere near as difficult as the Lincoln 10k that just about ended my stint on the earth. Nothing too strenuous. 

So what is the problem? Well I will tell you. In this blooming magazine is a Training Regime for Improvers! It is a regime that lasts for 6 weeks after which you do your next 10k. 6 weeks? You getting the picture? Oh yes WE not SHE are going to be taking advantage of this wonderful regime apparently! My protestations "That it is for women out of a women's magazine" are cutting no ice. Oh no. We are now both IMPROVERS! I look forward to the improvement!!!!

Bloody womens magazines. Hate them!

No comments:

Post a Comment