Search This Blog

Thursday 23 April 2015

A Real TESCO Rip-Off


Now I know this might sound a bit petty, but come on TESCO!

Went in to buy some salad today and noticed that full cucumbers were 47p each. Very reasonable thought I. Problem is they were pretty large so I thought I would buy just half a cucumber that they had on sale.
A cucumber for those that don't know what one looks like!

But hang on. Half a cucumber was 35p. Now how does that work out?

Now I am no Maths Professor but if a whole cucumber is 47p then half of one should, reasonably, be 24p. So how come they are 35p? That is virtually a 50% mark up. Just for cutting a cucumber in half? Really? I should coco.

No I suspect some retail guru will be able to tell me why this is really okay and is not ripping off the customers but it would need to be a bloody good explanation to turn me!





No comments:

Post a Comment