Search This Blog

Thursday 23 April 2015

After 20 Years - Goodbye Old Friend

After 20 years what have I done? I didn't realise I would miss you so much. I didn't realise how central you were to my life. Now I know.

Yes. Yesterday I took delivery of a new bed and said goodbye to my old one. After 20 years of good and faithful service it is now heading to the recycling in the sky.

This new one is nowhere near as friendly. Smells all wrong and feels all wrong. We are going to have to get used to one another. Iron out the kinks and get along.

I feel very sad about this. Getting rid of my old bed.

In a few weeks time I am changing my car which i have already ordered! If I feel this way about my bed then what am I going to feel like about that?

All change. What am I doing? I think I need to remember this ancient Chinese proverb:

"When the winds of change blow, some people build walls and others build windmills". 

Is this post really about changing my bed? You know I don't really think it is!

No comments:

Post a Comment