Search This Blog

Wednesday 28 December 2011

Done With Running - Well Running Has Done With Me!

After 8 months or so of trying to get back to running I reckon that it is a no-go! Right knee just does not seem to want to know anymore. Doesn't appear to be too much wrong with it, well not more than normal anyway, no swelling, just had enough I guess. Very painful if I try to run on it for any length of time. Looks like the end of an era. Not going down the surgery route as I have had enough of that for sure!

In the past I have run as much as 90 miles a week when in full flight and now I can't run 2 miles at a time. Running has always been my preferred fitness regime, as I find nearly all other exercise very boring. So what now? I can't go on as I am as my weight has reached over 15 and a half stone. Hate the thought of actually going on a diet as I have never had to do that before, other than a see-food diet, being able to see food and eat it!

Got to so something; but what?

Looks like it is going to be a whole load of gym work. Don't like the thought but that looks like the only option to me. Don't mind swimming but that doesn't appear to do my knee a whole lot of good either. That may be down to swimming when I have already tried the running, so I will give that another go as well.

What about the cricket? Will I manage that next season? Reckon the batting will be okay but as for the bowling, who knows? Is that enough to allow me to be selected? Only time will tell I guess.

As I say, I have to do something to get some fitness back if only for the good of my health. Not looking forward to the options left to me though!!! Cest La Vie.

No comments:

Post a Comment