Search This Blog

Monday 19 September 2011

Love Fish - Love Curry - Read On.

I have had fish curries in several parts of the world, which I love, but have never managed to get one in England. Maybe I have just been unlucky or have not been looking in the right places! Whenever I have queried this I have always been told that there was no call for it.

Imagine my surprise then when I, along with the Mem Sahib and daughter, popped into the Agra Tandoori on Drummond Road, Skegness the other night to find Fish Bhuna on the menu. This was a brand new addition to the menu there.

Described as follows:
Succulent fresh water fish cooked in various spices to create a delicious medium flavour - a must try!

Well I couldn't resist. I have to say it was delicious. The fish, served as small pieces of sliced fillet, which I think is a variety called Pangas, had the texture of trout and therefore held together in nice chunky pieces and the spices were just enough to give the dish some heat without over-powering the flavour of the fish. Lovely.

I will definitely be back for more.

If you have never tried a fish curry before then why not give it a shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment