Search This Blog

Friday 30 September 2011

Lovely Bunch Of Young Folk

I have been up to the Coastal Eco Centre in Skegness (hands up if you know where that is) for a couple of chats with the man in charge, more about that in a future blog. As a result, I spent a couple of hours there yesterday morning when some pupils from Eresby Special School were there. What a great couple of hours it was. The young people were great, really friendly and really keen to get involved with the activities that the Eco Centre provides for them. All of the youngsters have Special Educational Needs and in some cases their impairment is severe. No matter what their problems though, they all mucked in and had a lot of fun whilst also experiencing new learning opportunities.

For me it was a humbling but very rewarding experience. I would like to thank, Sarah, Sammy, Andrew, Dale, Charles, Stephen and Amanda for allowing me to join their group and I hope to see them all again soon.

See more about Eresby School here: http://www.eresbyspecialschool.co.uk/

No comments:

Post a Comment