Search This Blog

Tuesday 5 July 2011

Just A Fantastic Walk

Went out this morning up onto the beach and headed towards Gibraltar Point. I have to say that the bit of coast south of the boating compound right up to Gib Point is really an absolute gem. Not talking about the beach which is obviouosly as good as any, no I am talking about walking the path through the overgrown dunes and past the salt-marsh.

There was hardly a soul about, I don't think it was because I had my shirt off to absorb the rays, and the bonus of the lack of human habitation was that the wildlife was out and about.

In an hour I saw, legions of Skylarks, I have never seen so many in that area before, 2 egrets, a lovely young Sparrowhawk sat on one of the posts denoting the edge of the nature reserve, the ubiquitous seagulls, including black-headed gulls, redshank, curlew and a multitude of rabbits. To top it all I then disturbed a weasel that was stalking a small rabbit. You would have to go a long way to see an animal move as quickly as that weasel did!!

The area sout of the boating compound down to Gibraltar Point really is a lovely area.

A couple of weeks ago I bought myself a brand new "bridge" camera, a Fujifilm Finepix. It takes really good photographs but, unfortunately, not when it is sat on my study table. That is what stopped a fantastic walk being a perfect walk.

I will try to improve.

No comments:

Post a Comment