Search This Blog

Wednesday 16 March 2011

Met A Very Famous Man Today......

Roy Hudd in Coronation Street.

A man who has been one of my comedic heroes for as long as I can remember. The wonderful Mr Roy Hudd OBE.

I have to say I was completley taken aback. I am working for the Census and one of my responsibilities is to deal with the local hotels. I was doing the business in a hotel on the sea-front when the lady owner said. "There's Mr Hudd, do you know him"? I replied "Why would I". She said "He is a very famous man, Mr Roy Hudd". "THE Roy Hudd", I replied. "Yes" she said.

Like a child I walked up to him and introduced myself. He was very charming and took the time to have a chat with me. He was everything I would have expected him to be, friendly, charming and very funny. It was a honour to have met him and to have shook his hand.

I have now met both of my all-time comedic heroes, Roy Hudd and Ken Dodd. I feel I am a very lucky bloke to have done so.

I am feeling somewhat star-struck I think!!!

1 comment:

  1. I too have been a follower of Mr Hudd for a number of years, not only is he one of our great commedian's but he's a very knowledgable man on the subject of Music Hall and old time variety Acts. I have one of is books on my bookshelf now that details many of the greats I recall from my youth such as Norman Evans, Al Read and Hilda Baker

    ReplyDelete