Search This Blog

Friday 18 March 2011

And Yet Another Famous Man.......


Attended the launch of the Lincolnshire No 2 AV Campaign today at Lincoln. The guest speaker was a political hero of mine Kenneth Clarke, QC, MP, Lord Chancellor and Secretary of State for Justice.

He gave an excellent presentation as to why we should vote No 2 AV. He talked for the best part of half an hours, in a very knowledgable way without the use of any notes at all. He was very impressive. Afterwards he took questions on a wide range of subjects.

After the presentation and question and answer session there was refreshments, during which I was introduced to Mr Clarke. A very nice man. I don't always agree with his policies but still think he is an asset to both the Conservative Party and the nation.

On 5th May please vote NO 2 AV.

3 comments:

  1. No to AV is only supported by people who do not like democracy because it threatens them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And this will be evidence of the blog that you do not post political comments on and promote using Vital then will it Steve.

    I love Tory honesty - so flexible.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ady. Firstly I resent the fact that you are saying that I am less than honest. This post states the facts of my meeting with a famous person and the whys and wherefors of that meeting. I have not made any political comment as to how to vote on AV nor as far as I can see expressed any other political opinion.
    I further resent the fact that you are attempting to politicise my blog and would ask you not to do so. If the person that I had met on this occassion had been a member of any other political party I would still have blogged my meeting of them. That is the story here not the politics.

    ReplyDelete