Search This Blog

Monday 25 May 2015

Ruffians In My Garden _ ASBO Required

My wife put some new bird food out yesterday in the garden. Something like a log of fat, the same kind of stuff that you can buy as fat balls. All of the birds seem to like it but unfortunately it has attracted the ruffian element. Forceful and aggressive creatures that bully each other and the other species that we attract.

The starling. Nasty little herberts they are. It is bad enough that we have the big fat wood pigeons hoovering every bit of food up in sight, now they can eat, but at least they are not nasty with it. I only wish we could have a say in who comes to eat at our table but it is all or nothing.

That's nature I suppose.

1 comment:

  1. Same here Steve. Just like the Sons of Anarchy riding in. Bunch of bully-boys. I've taken to keeping guard to let the others get a look-in.

    ReplyDelete