Search This Blog

Tuesday 16 August 2011

Olympics - Big Day Nearly Here

Imagine my excitement when I switched on the TV this morning and saw a piece on the International Basketball competition taking place in the Olympic Basketball Arean in the Olympic Park. Why should I be excited? Well on Thursday I will be there taking part. I won't be playing basketball I hasten to add but I will be there as part of the Test Event Team as I am in line for selection as a volunteer.

As some of you will know I have been selected for training as part of the Anti-Doping Team for the Olympics. Thursday will be a huge step along the road for me as I will have the opportunity to do this for real and show what I am capable of. Fingers crossed all goes well and I am successful in my attempts to be selected for the games themselves.

My excitement was heightened further at lunchtime when I received a phone call from Rod Whiting at Radio Lincolnshire. They want to do a piece on me and have me talk about the event live sometime on Friday. I recorded a short piece for them today. Have to say that I dried up at one point. Honestly I did. This will come as a real surprise for those that know me. Hope that doesn't happen when I go live on Friday.

Roll on Thursday. It can't come quickly enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment