Search This Blog

Tuesday 9 February 2016

Travelodge For Skegness - Best Location For It?

With the fairly recent news that Travelodge is following hot on the heels of Premier Inn with a strong interest in opening a new hotel in Skegness it has set me thinking where would the best location for it to be built.

In my view it would be on North Parade where the recently defunct Dinosaur attraction, The Lost World Adenture Park, was located.
The now closed Lost World Adventure Park.
There are two reasons for this in my view. Firstly, it would bring extra life and footfall to the northern end of the promenade, something that has needed to be done for several years. This land, owned by local businessman Dave Scott of the Jewellers fame, which I believe is up for sale, already has outline planning permission for a hotel that was granted some time ago by East Lindsey District Council. If the permission has lapsed it should be very easy to have it reinstated or for a new planning application to go through the system.

In my view that would be an ideal location. I am sure that there are other locations that people can think of, the planned business park on the A52 for one but in my view, if I was to build a hotel here, I would want to be in the town itself.

I have no idea if Travelodge will make an appearance any time soon but if they do then that is where the hotel would best be placed in my view! Wherever it finally goes, if it does, another national chain should be welcomed with open arms.

1 comment:

  1. Get it built fed up of all the talk and no action,skegness needs all it can get to bring people here.

    ReplyDelete