Search This Blog

Saturday 31 October 2015

EU Referendum - Made Your Mind Up Yet - If So, Why & How?

I get all sorts of abuse locally for making the statement that I have not made my mind up yet as to which way I will vote in the upcoming EU Referendum. I think that it is too early to have done so as there is a lot of information out there that has not yet come to light and without it doing so then there is a huge danger of simply making an emotional decision rather than one based on facts.

There are some that look at the present problem of immigration as "the" factor in making their minds up. There are those that say that it is too expensive for this country to remain a member. Then again there are those who, somehow, bring overseas aid into the discussion, which I find completely random. I respect the opinions of others but that does not mean that, at the moment, I have to or even should agree with them.

My belief was further strengthened when I read the article below from The Financial Times. I find the content very concerning given that this island of ours relies heavily on foreign trade and foreign investment for its prosperity and jobs. This has not persuaded me to decide to vote to stay in but it does throw a different and, may I say, enlightening view on the wider issues.

Have a read it may widen understanding:

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/aba86dce-7efa-11e5-98fb-5a6d4728f74e.html#axzz3q8Dg3DW4


No comments:

Post a Comment