Search This Blog

Thursday 27 August 2015

Off The Booze

Been off the booze now for exactly a week. Sad to say I have found it very difficult to do. I suppose having had a drink, alcoholic, virtually every day for the last 40 years has a lot to do with that. Having said that I can't remember the last time that I was "boozed up" as that is not something that I do. I just like a drink with my dinner and a couple of beers. Wine is really my thing. There is no such thing as left-over wine in my house!

Strangely, I didn't set out to do this. It just sort of happened. One of the benefits is that I have lost half a stone in weight in the week but one of the worse things is when you get up in the morning you know that is the best you are going to feel all day!

As I say I didn't set out to not drink so I am not sure how long this will go on for. If I don't have a pint or two before the Lincoln City V Grimsby Town game on Saturday then I think I must have gone teetotal! Likely? Probably not.

We shall see. Toodle ooh!

No comments:

Post a Comment