Search This Blog

Tuesday 30 June 2015

Heatwave Warnings - Do We Really Need Them?

Have we never seen temperatures in this country circa 30 degress Celsius? Is this a new phenomenon? I would say the answer to those questions is a resounding NO!

So why do the media and organisations such as the Local Government Association in this country insist on issuing health warnings advice? Do these people think we are all incapable of handling a couple of days of lovely, sunny, summer weather without their "help". Apparently council staff and social workers have been put on alert! What?
Hope these people survived!


I get sick to death of the nanny state that this country has become. Don't eat eggs, don't eat beef, cut down on butter, eat more butter, don't drink alcohol, watch out for the heat, careful when it is cold, drink water, wear clean underwear in case you get run over etc. etc. etc. (well maybe not the last one but you get my drift).

Really does annoy me. Could be my age? Excuse me now as I head to my sun-trap patio where the temperature is currently 32 degrees Celsius or 90 degrees Farenheit in old money.

Please turn me over when I am done on one side. Bye!


No comments:

Post a Comment