Search This Blog

Monday 30 May 2011

This I Loved As A Kid!

Following on the food theme. I have recently rediscovered a delicacy from my youth that I hadn't eaten for 40 years or more until the other week. Now that I have started eating it again I can't believe that I had gone so long without it.

What is this delicacy? Lemon and Lime Marmalade!!!!

I can't get enough of it to be honest. I have always been partial to it's Orange cousin, has to be thick-cut I am afraid, but for some reason the old lemon and lime slipped out of the picture.

It would appear from recent reports that the consumption of marmalade is diminishing over the years. I cannot understand why that is as it has been a staple of the British breakfast table for years and years.

Toast and marmalade, especially the Lemon and Lime variety is the essence of good eating!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment